Sunday, July 25, 2010

Not now, I'm having a "issue"

Here. An unrelated pretty L picture:


We were out lapping the eggplant today when I heard a Harley turn into a nearby street. And of course he (she?) stepped on it. I felt a tremble ripple through L and she got all kinds of anxious. She got all woofy and spun around and she started spooking at *everything*. She leaped and spun and she almost landed in the eggplant when, horrified at the prospect, she leap frogged back outta there. I put a little extra leg on her - telling her to stop being stupid - and she snapped her head around and bit my leg.

I laughed so hard I almost fell off of her.

It's nice to communicate so well. I told her to "cut the crap". And she told me "Not now! I'm having an *issue*. Duh.". It's like when she kicks my feet. We have conversation. Sometimes she thinks I'm an idiot. Horses really are very funny animals.

We had a lovely ride. Although L does take advantage. There's something wrong if she doesn't.

Mares aren't for everyone. Some find that kind of behavior disturbs them. But I swear I wouldn't take a million dollars for my L.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sooo with you - I LOVE mares. And especially L's sister :) She isn't confident enough to hack out alone yet, so sometimes I have to get off and lead the way. We don't have many arguments, though - she's quite happy to let me make the decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they both get their boldness from their father!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so sweet in this picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...