Wednesday, January 5, 2011

*Still* Celebrating?

Pan seared wild line caught salmon. A *very* special thing:


I usually do salmon on a rocket hot cast iron griddle. Skin side up for 3 and a half minutes. Then I flip it and finish it in a 500 degree oven. I turn it down to 350 degrees and give it 3 or 4 minutes. I glaze it with either maple syrup or teriyaki sauce about 30 seconds or so before it's done. This was very special salmon. It took 8 or 9 minutes in the oven to finish. You don't get fillets like that at Market Basket!

I like rice with salmon and when I do a maple syrup glaze I think honey glazed carrots with parsley is perfect.

That delightful morsel was brought to me by my friend T.


And yes you really can have dessert every day. When it looks like this!


My kiwis were a little under-ripe. So I worked maybe a teaspoon of honey in there and they were just delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...