Monday, January 10, 2011

A good horse

What's wrong with this picture?

Move your mouse over the picture

We were out riding and a friend was taking pictures. We went up on to the field for a better background and I noticed my left rein all of a sudden had all give and no take. Well. The knot had come loose and I lost the rein! Of course I should check my tack better. Another lesson learned.

But my point is...no, you don't need reins to halt your horse! What you need is a well trained horse. As a matter of fact, my friend taking the pictures didn't even know I'd lost the rein until I dismounted to fix it:


Sure it's training. But it's temperament too. L is the best horse. This is why I feel compelled to blog about all this stuff. She really is something special.

Oh! I stand corrected.

There is another thing I like about wintertime. Clean feet! Running around in the snow cleans their feet. Look at these beautiful feet! Yes, she's barefoot. She's never been shod and these are beautiful feet.

1 comment:

  1. I love the face she's making as you re-attach your rein. Lyd is such a good girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...