Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rules to live by

1. Always keep chocolate in the house.


I don't have a lot of rules. But I have learned a small handful of hard and fast rules I try to live by. Rule #1: Always keep chocolate in the house. From my "lessons from my horses" collection of experience. Yes, treats are an important part of every single day.

2. Live in the moment. I envy my horse's ability to live in the moment. Sometimes the moments aren't so good. But when they're good, enjoy them to the fullest possible extent. Live for now.

3. Stop and smell the flowers. You'll notice things like this:


4. I try to count my blessings often. I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

5. I try to take nothing for granted. It's human nature to take things for granted. I try very hard not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...