Sunday, August 29, 2010

Riding in the rain

Last Sunday it started raining early. They hadn't forecast the rain to start until overnight Sunday night into Monday. But there, first thing Sunday morning it's pouring rain.

So Sweety and I went and rode in the rain. Actually, we've ridden in the rain before but only in a light rain. This was our first time riding in real downpours and..ya, it was fun!

Back at the barn as I got some clean bedding ready I noticed:

I titled it "Rain Butt". Nice motor, don't ya think!?

It rained all week here in greater Boston. We've been spoiled this summer. It hadn't rained like this since last March. It kinda sucked. By the time Wednesday and Thursday came around I didn't know what to do with myself.

Friday it cleared and we're having a perfectly stellar weekend. Here, we hit the road early yesterday and you can plainly see what a beautiful day we had!

Notice anything interesting? Yes, how observant! No fly bonnet! The bugs. They're gone! The flies are all over the place but the deer flies and green heads are gone. How nice is that!

We did some schooling out near the hay field and then had a good run down the tree line to the woods. We poked around the woods for a while. I really have to bring my good camera out into the woods with us. There just isn't enough light in the woods to get a decent picture with the pocket camera. I don't know what I did for fun before we had digital cameras!

Aw no! I'm a beer snob!


Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is regularly ranked one of the, if not *the*, best ale ever. I try to ignore such things. I love ales and I have to admit, it is pretty darned good. And the perfect way to wrap up a nice trail ride on a not too hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...