Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hey that's cheating!

Maybe so...
Some weeks ago I was thinking "compromise" and I thought oh, maybe on Friday night I'd smoke a cigar. For "dessert". I've only smoked cigars a couple of times. Had a Cuban cigar once. I dunno. Not too fond of cigars.

Then I remembered that years ago I had smoked a pipe. Of course I knew exactly where my pipes were and I even had some tobacco that was years old. Nothing a humidifier can't fix. Smoking a pipe was at least vaguely familiar and had some "comfort" quality to it.

So one Friday night I smoked a pipe and I enjoyed it. And I don't feel like I have to smoke another when I'm done. I can smoke on Friday night and I'm fine on Saturday night, Sunday night, Monday night, well, you get the idea.

The pipe pictured is a nice Stanwell from Denmark. I can puff on that one for about 40 minutes. I have 4 pipes that survived the years.

So ok I cheat one night a week. Kind of. In the interests of compromise.

Another dessert favorite:

I admit it. I fell for the packaging. It's an elegant package that stands out from the rest because it's understated. That made me pick it up. The contents felt good so I decided I'd try it. I just *love* these prunes! I fell for the packaging and I'll go back for the prunes. Prunes are good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...