Saturday, August 7, 2010

Stirred. Of course.

Even a martini can't make a bad day a good day. But it can make a *really* good day a *perfect* day.

Oh hell you're all gonna think I'm an alcoholic. I was a bartender. I know how to make a good martini. I only have a martini on the best days.

Today was hot in the sun, cool in the shade, dry and breezy all around.

L was sensational.

I just love riding this hay field. A couple of years ago L pooped out there and OMG the property manager freaked. I didn't think it was any worse than say, a pile of deer poop, but then there's a lot I don't know. So I'm *really* careful about staying along the tree line and around the edges. A full lap around this field is almost 3 miles. It's broad, it's sweeping, the breeze comes across it and it's just..well..splendid out there.


There's a handful of different ways to get out there and back. Through the woods is my favorite. It was too dark in the woods to take pictures. I tried and they came out like crap. And the bugs were pretty bad anyway. We basically ran through the woods and I smacked the bugs off her neck until we got out to the eggplant field. I love the way we she "presents" her neck to me when there's bugs on it. It's like she's saying "hey, while you're up there smack this bug will ya?".

When we cleared the woods I got up in a half seat and let her charge the length of the eggplant field a couple of times. I got off her mouth and let her go and she liked that.

After sponging her down with Absorbine we went out and hand grazed in the breeze. This one of her most favorite things!


One of my most favorite things this time of year:

It's just a slice of a fresh tomato, a thin slice of red onion (this slice is actually a little too thick), a splash of red wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and oregano, topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese. So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...