Saturday, August 14, 2010

Celebrate the season!

By now you know I just love the summertime. This is a Caprese Salad I enjoyed with some mixed salami and a baguette with some herbed butter. I think this is a French inspired salad. I ringed some steamed green beans with the tomatoes, drizzled the whole thing with some olive oil and squeezed on some fresh lemon. I dusted the whole thing with herbs de provence. I had a Ratatouille Nicoise on the stove while I munched on all this. I put a bay leaf and some tarragon in my ratatouille and after 15 or 20 minutes it smells heavenly. On a nice day it doesn't get much better.

Especially when you have tons of garden fresh heirloom tomatoes!


And nothing says summer like corn on the cob! The corn is in early this year. We've had corn like this for weeks now:

Peaches and plums are in early this year too. I really feel sorry for anyone that's never had a tree ripened peach!

It really isn't the supermarket's fault they sell crap in the produce aisle. If people wouldn't buy it they wouldn't sell it.

And for dessert? A fresh fig with some goat cheese drizzled with honey and black pepper. This is a treat!

Oh and so is this!



I am so hooked on whoopie pies from Steve's Snacks in Skowhegan Maine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...