Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer in a bottle

If I had a basement I'd buy a couple of cases of this.

2010 Spanish AlbariƱo

My opinions are mostly along the lines of "it's good (shrug)" or, "it's crap". This stuff...this stuff is outstanding. It's light. It's bright. It's dry. Refreshing.

I'm not a critic. I'm not a connoisseur. And while it's more expensive than I'd normally have...

Bay scallops in brown butter with garlic and dill

It is just superb with scallops. Maybe even sensational?

You see the orange colored scallop there, on the left? And the two slightly off white ones? Those are females. They're the best!

I finally learned how to fix bay scallops last year. Rinse and thoroughly dry your scallops. Get some brown butter going in a light skillet with some chopped garlic. Throw in your scallops, shake and flip the skillet every few seconds while you count to 30. Remove from heat, toss in some dill, flip the skillet a couple of times to distribute the dill and serve.

Most memorable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...