Saturday, July 16, 2011

Noteworthy days

The local corn is in!

15 July. Roasted.

Like the first snow and the first daisies, the first local corn is one of the ways we mark the passage of time around here. At least I do anyway. The first ears showed up in the farmer's markets a week ago yesterday.

As much as I hate the wintertime, and I *really* hate the wintertime, the other 3 seasons here in New England are usually quite nice. When the local produce comes in there is no place I'd rather be.

And I confess...I...am a ... corn snob. If it was picked more than 3 or 4 hours ago I'll wait for something fresher.

I like to either roast or steam fresh picked corn. To roast corn I pre heat the oven to 350 and just put the whole ears in for about 30 minutes. To steam corn I get about an inch and a half of water going at a rolling boil and I put the clean ears in for 3 minutes.

Remember this? Watching the seasons change never gets old here.

25 June

It's hard to believe this weekend marks mid summer. Another day or two and we'll be closer to the end of summer than the beginning.

Product review!

OMG These are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...