Monday, January 16, 2012

Cold and windy

Yesterday was cold. Not too bad really but the wind was just awful. And of course the footing was frozen hard and uneven. Eight or 10 inches of snow usually makes for good footing at least.

Desperate for something to do with L I bundled up and we went for a walk.

15 January 2012. Cold. Windy!

I think I had a better time than L did. She kept giving me dirty looks. We walked for 2 or 3 miles and of course she was a rock star. I've blogged about this walking thing before. You'd think the sense of partnership and teamwork would be boldest when we ride. But no, I find I feel a greater sense of our "working together" when we walk.

We haven't walked in a long time now. Being able to go out and just have a pleasant walk, without having done so in a while, in the cold and the wind, is a huge achievement.



I spent most of that walk thinking how good a hot chocolate was going to be when I got home. Then, on the drive home, I changed my mind. I decided to try a Woodchuck hard cider. I've *never* had hard cider! Shocking I know.

Excellent stuff! Two thumbs up!

They didn't have a variety pack, so, for no real reason, I chose Amber style. I really enjoyed the Amber style hard cider and I'll definitely be trying other styles.

1 comment:

  1. :D Too bad you're not near me - I have a stash of 5 cases!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...