Monday, September 5, 2011

Fried

Speaking of tomatoes. Lots of tomatoes. I decided to see what this fried green tomato business is all about. I never had fried green tomatoes!

I tried a couple of recipes. A couple with egg wash and breading. One with some corn meal. I wasn't impressed. I had a heck of a time with the breading slipping off.

Then I found a recipe I thought I might like. It called for letting the tomatoes sit in some salt and sugar for 30 minutes or so. I used a green heirloom tomato and honey.

Sitting in salt and honey

I dried them and I dredged them in flour seasoned with cayenne pepper. I let them sit a while. Maybe 5 minutes. Then I fried them until they were golden brown.


Actually...very good

These were good. Not amazing but I'll have them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...