Sunday, September 4, 2011

Culinary adventures

It's been a good year for tomatoes. I love tomatoes and I have more tomatoes than I know what to do with. I have baskets full of tomatoes decorating the house.


It was a year or so ago when an acquaintance of mine had so many peppers he was sick of peppers and said help yourself. I came home with a paper shopping bag full of peppers. What to do with all those peppers! I roasted a bunch of them. Green ones, purple ones, red ones, yellow ones.

I had *never* had roasted peppers before. I've seen them in jars and was never moved to try them. It struck me like a jar of pimentos. Hard to believe I'd never had roasted peppers.

I coated maybe a dozen of them with olive oil and put them in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. In 10 minutes I couldn't believe how wonderful they smelled.

I don't think I've gone a week without roasting peppers since. I love roasted peppers.

And I love roasted tomatoes just as much!


After 2 hours in a 350 degree oven


Have this with antipasto. Eat it with a fork. Pinch a little bit of grated cheese on it. Or some goat cheese. I'll freeze some too.

I fix roasted vegetables often.

Of course the point is - try new things!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...