Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Every year

Come Labor Day I wonder where the summer went. I mean really. It seems Memorial Day was a few days ago! Oh of course I know summer isn't over just yet but unofficially Summer is over. Even though it's not quite Fall yet.

At least this lifted my spirits...

6 September 2011

Of course I love apples. These look like Macoun. AKA Best. Apple. Ever. But I'm not sure.

And these I think are either Fuji or Gala.

Apples!

I was really surprised how far along all these apples were.

Actually I do like this time of year. The days are mostly pleasant. The nights are cold. We can stop and enjoy tree ripened peaches and soon it will be comfort food season.



I like this picture. Of course one can enjoy this dish anytime but this picture says Summer to me. That's a huge platter I usually reserve for pot luck parties.

Yes yes I know. It needs bread.

I had my heart set on mussels and I must have stopped at 3 different supermarkets to find mussels. I don't know for sure what makes "Napolitana" or "Neapolitan style" but there's *always* tomatoes and garlic in there. And often enough celery and onions. Neapolitan style is a peasant style. No wonder I like Neapolitan style dishes.

1 comment:

  1. I love this time of year. It's still warm during the day but cool at night. I can't say I am s big apple fan, although Gem loves them. He has three trees in his turnout area. :-) I do, however, like a crisp Granny apple with a little salt and honey to dip it in. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...