Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Summer Day?

Wednesday felt a lot like summer! It was hot. It was dry. I rode English for the first time in I don't know how long! L was in heat and she was being lazy. I worked my butt off working her butt off!

She got a nice shower out of the deal. I was going to have a beer but I thought I'd rather have one of these:

Perfect Summer Refreshment

Late in the day storms rolled in. Having a gin and tonic with the thunder in the distance you'd have thought it was the middle of July.


I was just getting out of the shower and the building I live in gets hit by lightning. *Bang* [shake] and the fire alarms are all going off.

When a 120 year old cotton mill gets hit by lightning there's a lot of excitement. They come from all over! I barely cleared the back door and I could hear the sirens coming. They're really very good. They have a plan just for this building.

Wednesday 1 June 2011


Lots of excitement

A fresh line of storms came through while all this was going on. All kinds of thunder and lightning. Just about the worst thunderstorm I've seen around here in a long long time and then we get...hail. And I mean HAIL. Look at this. Biggest hail I've ever seen around here. It sounded like someone was throwing rocks and those things hurt when they hit you!


Everybody had to take pictures of these!


Then, like we hadn't had enough excitement, I go back inside to this:


Very unusual weather for us! A lot like a summer day alright. The rest of the night was quiet. It's been cold and windy since!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...