Saturday, April 30, 2011

Early Bugs

The bugs are early this year.

Her Best Side!

We've had some relatively mild weather for a couple of weeks now and that's brought the bugs out early!

L is a sensible creature. Mostly. I like how she leaves the end with the fly swatter outside in the sun.

Our last ride I felt like L threw one huge tantrum for the whole trip. She'll do that when the bugs first start coming out and I felt bad. It's really impossible to do anything productive when your mount is tossing their head and furiously kicking at gnats. She even spooked herself once and almost lost me. I think a good hard run would have distracted her but we don't have good hard runs bareback. And I knew too if she was out eating grass she would hardly have noticed the bugs and frankly that irritated me. Which really wasn't fair to her and I felt bad about that too.

I'll make it up to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...