Sunday, March 20, 2011

Which came first?

I really don't know. But thanks to these ladies..


...these don't come any fresher than this!


And fresh eggs, really fresh eggs, are seriously delicious. I snatched up a *huge* egg, still warm, and it had a double yoke. I haven't had a double yoke egg in I don't how long. Decades. I don't think they get through quality control these days. Look at the beautiful color of those yokes.


Usually I have soy sauce on fried eggs but this one I fried in olive oil.


So I just had a little salt and pepper and some toasted rustic bread. Eggs this fresh are special. I just can't say enough about fresh ingredients.

Vernal equinox alert! Spring! At 7:21 pm today it will be Spring. Did you know "equinox" means "equal" (equi) "night" (nox)? Actually, this past Friday here, where I live, we had the same number of hours of daylight and darkness. Check out SunriseSunset. You can find the nearest big city, or your town, or you can even enter the map coordinates of your home or your barn, and print out calendars with the exact sunrise and sunset times. And moonrise/moonset. And twilight times. I think it's very cool and for years now every December I print off next year's calendar on heavy stock paper. One year I did that for Christmas presents.

The forecast is for a chilly day but we'll enjoy bright sunshine all day. Even when there's a chill in the air it's nice in the sun.

I need to start thinking of goals for this season. For now I'm getting us back on track with some more discipline in our workouts and the usual things. Flexing. Bending. Balance. Lightness. L can be as light as air. We need to do some circles - she's a little stiff. Both sides.

And then of course the stuff I always work on. Soft hands. Quiet legs. And one of my favorites of course, annoy the horse as little as possible.


And I try to always remember that line from the Practical Dressage Manual. The business about being part of your horse's movement. That book has had a huge impact on my riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...