Friday, December 31, 2010

Things to do today

1. Take a walk.

Google pedometer says a typical lunchtime walk is a little over two miles.

2. Take the stairs back to my office.

3: Come home and have a Sapphire martini. Gin soaked olives are special:

4: Fix marinara:




This is a recipe from Tyler Florence. I don't really like Tyler Florence but I love his recipes. This is an authentic Neapolitan recipe. This is an all time favorite. This recipe is a milestone. It was with this recipe I discovered it wasn't hard to cook.

Saute chopped garlic and 4 or 5 chopped anchovies in the anchovy oil. That's the oil from the can of anchovies. Use all of it. Add ground peeled tomatoes. The peeled tomatoes from a can there I put those through a food processor. I like the Cento San Marzano there because there's no basil in there. Barely simmer that for about 20 minutes. Do not let it boil. That's it.

I like to add some red pepper flakes, some parsley and maybe a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil swirled in as a finish, but otherwise resist any and all temptation to mess with it.



6. Have that over some pasta with some calamari.

Edited to add calamari marinara over rigatoni:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...