Monday, December 27, 2010

Ok no, I'm good

I've had enough snow for this season.

26 December 2010


You bring treats?

This is one seriously crappy day!


Even I'll admit this has a certain charm. This might be a "Winter 2010/2011" candidate. But it doesn't take long for its charm to wear thin..


Here, try Swedish meatballs on a day like this!



These are really easy.

Mix 1/2 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound ground pork, 1 teaspoon ground cloves, 1 teaspoon allspice, pinch of salt, 1 egg and a tablespoon of parsley.

Now, the real secrets to Swedish meatballs. Mix 1/2 cup of bread crumbs with a couple tablespoons milk and mix that into the above mixture. Finely chop a half an onion, saute it and mix it into the above mixture.

Now, make 1 oz. balls from that mixture. Use an ice cream scoop. I break up two of the meatballs and saute them in a cast iron skillet to get a fond going, and the rest of the meatballs I put on a baking sheet on some aluminum foil in a 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Then I transfer those to the skillet and brown them some more.

I add a tablespoon of butter and make a thin dark gravy with some beef broth and a tablespoon of flour.

I serve that over egg noodles with some parsley.

It sounds like a lot of work but it isn't and it's delicious.

Sometimes I throw in a splash of cabernet when I deglaze the skillet.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...