Monday, February 18, 2013

Again?

Apparently our weather pattern is..."unsettled".

Saturday 16 February. More snow!

And then, after more snow Saturday night into Sunday we got cold and wind.

Sunday 17 February

Not horseback riding today! That's alongside the driveway to the barn. It's every bit as bad as it looks! It's freezing cold and the wind is just howling. My nose hairs froze walking to the car. I absolutely *hate* this stuff.

Really. I much prefer...

Same place...19 July (2011)



The only thing today had going for it? Nice day for pancakes!

Best pancakes ever

I used Bob's Red Mill buttermilk whole grain mix. I followed the instructions on the package. I use powdered milk. I added a quarter cup of Old Wessex 5 grain cereal. I was inspired by this recipe but I didn't have any quick cooking oats in the house. I added a tablespoon of water and I let the mix sit for about a half hour. And they really were just about the best pancakes I ever made. Even without blueberries.

I use a Lodge cast iron griddle. I paint a tiny amount of canola oil on the hot griddle with a paint brush. I use barely a teaspoon for a whole stack of pancakes. Perfect pancakes every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...