Saturday, August 13, 2011

Right on time

Fresh figs in the markets this week. It's fig season!


I love fresh figs. I like dried figs too but fresh figs are special treats. It's going to be very hard not to eat one of these every night for the next few weeks.

Drizzle some honey over fresh fig slices or quarters. Add cracked black pepper and crumbled goat cheese. That's such a perfect way to eat a fresh fig I don't have them any other way. The season is so short I never tire of them.

Edited to add: Just like this!


Figs, by the way, go really well with pork. So a curl of prosciutto would have added a little something to this. Fig based sauces are also excellent for pork chops and pork loin.

1 comment:

  1. I love dried figs, with goat cheese and pecans, in a spinach based salad. Balsamic vinegar with a bit of olive oil is my dressing of choice. I will have to try fresh figs - your recipe sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...