Friday, August 26, 2011

Everybody Panic

You'd think we never had a hurricane before.

Hurricane Irene

I mean really. Last night the supermarket was mobbed. Like there was a blizzard forecast. I realized it was the storm forecast when I saw people had their carts full of milk and bread. People bulked up with 4 or 5 gallons of milk and shopping bags full of bread. What's with this milk and bread thing anyway? Really. When did we become such a bunch of scaredy cats?

I lived on the end of a dead end road in a sleepy little town when hurricane Gloria came through and I went without power for almost 3 weeks. What are they gonna do with all that milk when the power goes out?

I've seen more "storms of the century" than I can count.

Keep a couple cans of food and some candles handy and relax for heaven's sake...

Storm Ready


2 comments:

  1. I have experienced 'weather' in Nova Scotia and Ontario, in addition to the occasional earthquake. :-) A good comforter, canned food and can opener and candles are really all you need. Although having survived the Ice Storm back in the 90's, I have a fondue set stored, but ready to rock and roll at a moment's notice. :-) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That and of course my camera batteries are all charged just in case anything interesting happens!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...