Sunday, November 28, 2010

Now this is what I'm talkin' about

She really needed to do this.

Edit: Ok ok, that's not the most dramatic picture. But it was about the most becoming. This one here has less technical merit but it captures the mood a little better:

Once she got this out of her system she never felt better! She was willing and attentive, light, supple and all kinds of flexible. I remember when I started riding seriously I'd get a trip on my Quarter Horse B every now and then that was extra special. He had lift in his stride, a swing in his barrel, he was light in my hands and I could feel his hips push off with every stride.

I get a ride like that with L all the time.

We went out to lap the hay fields and came face to face with a *huge* doe in a little hollow. We were within just a few strides of her. My camera was in my shirt pocket and by the time I fished it out she flipped her tail and took off into the woods. Bummer! Would have been a beautiful picture.

There are a lot of reasons I do this. Well yes, it is just plain fun. But more than that, it brings me closer to the earth. I live in a world very far removed from natural things. Hanging out with horses helps bring me some balance and perspective.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...