Friday, November 26, 2010

Another anniversary? An issue?

From December 2003:

I have 3 notable dates with L. There's October 26th. Then there's the day before Thanksgiving. Which, in 2003, was November 19th. That was the day we brought L home. We had to import L and clearing the paperwork and all took a month. And the day before Thanksgiving was perfect! We had a nice long holiday weekend to get acquainted. And no matter how many times you do it I think bringing home a horse is *really* exciting. Getting a horse is a huge thing.

But then I have a dilemma. Well not really. You see, is this anniversary November 19th or...is it the day before Thanksgiving? I think both are kind of special and well, yes, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I mean really, take not one, but *two* days off..and...eat? That's just *brilliant*.

So, strictly speaking, L came home 7 years ago today. And I had *no* idea what I was in for!

An issue? An issue? Not with L. With G.

December 2007

A couple weeks ago I treated G for a nasty case of thrush in her right front foot. Then a little over a week ago she colicked. But not really. She wasn't herself and she wasn't eating or drinking like she should. No change in her hay or anything. So I treated it like colic. I didn't dose her but I walked her some and banamine gave her some relief and she liked having a mash.

She still hasn't been quite right but it's not colic. No fever. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. But the vet's coming to look at her next week. One day though her hind end seemed off, like she was weak and uncertain. Unfortunately..I know what a neurological problem looks like. Yesterday she was having difficulty balancing and she had some real trouble putting her hind feet where she wanted.

I'll see what the vet has to say about this..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...