Saturday, November 20, 2010

Equine Affaire

The Equine Affaire was last weekend at the Big E fairgrounds in West Springfield. Massachusetts. The Equine Affaire is the event of the season. An equine trade show. It's huge. It's the largest multi breed showcase pretty much anywhere.

Canadian Horses were in the house!

L's breeder, Normand Litjens (Ferme Litjens), Canadream Farm and Dream Horse Canadians had set up in barn C to both promote and sell Canadian Horses. Good job!

Normand opened Pfizer Fantasia with Ranch-l Xabon Arlequin in harness. Very exciting for fans of the Canadian Horse.



It was nice to see people we only see once or twice a year and I brought home a pretty new halter for L. That nice shiny nameplate didn't last long. One good roll and no more pretty nameplate. No mind. I just want her to have a leather turnout halter. Might as well be a nice one!



Here's another contender for Summer 2010. It's basically the same as this picture here but a different angle.



I don't remember exactly when I took this picture. I can look it up next time I mount my archive disk. It was this year. It makes me a little sad. This (old) gate opens into an abandoned pasture. I remember using that pasture for my Quarter Horse B years ago. Now the fences are gone and it's all overgrown and that gate hasn't swung in who knows how many years. It makes me acutely aware however of the passage of time and how poorly the property has been maintained. This would probably be a really good black and white picture.

Update November 25: This picture was taken sometime in July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...