Saturday, May 17, 2014

Seasons Change

I really enjoy watching the seasons change. And I especially enjoy winter's departure!

Last Sunday L and I had a thoroughly enjoyable ride. Saturday not so much. The bugs were out and they were *ferocious*. I'd sprayed L and put her hat on but after a few minutes in the woods the bugs were getting in her nose and she wouldn't take 3 strides without snapping and tossing her head. There wasn't a hint of a breeze and I thought she was going to break a sweat tossing her head. Of course it's not her fault and I don't blame her one bit. But it just wasn't pleasant and she clearly wasn't having a good time.

So I took us back to the barn.

Sunday was a beautiful day. A perfect 10. I couldn't help but notice spring beginning to burst every which way and a thought occurred to me. I'd try to update the winter pictures I'd taken in January with some spring equivalents. I do this a lot and it's fun to see the changes over the years. I don't however do it from the back of a horse very often. So I gave it my best shot!

Drift your mouse over these two pictures to see the winter edition of the same thing!

Sunday 8 May 2014

Well..they're not hardly perfect.

But they're close enough!

After our ride I had L out to enjoy one of her favorite things. I love the mustard in front of her left front leg there.


I drive by a mustard field on my way to work. I think it just grows wild out there. Nobody around here cultivates mustard. Unless maybe it's for the greens. For about a week this time of year it's a 30 acre yellow carpet. When the sun hits it right it's magical. I'll have to try and get pictures of it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the winter/spring pictures! :-)

    Grass has finally turned green and lush here... but it's deceiving....the ground is still very soggy. Veggies and flowers are about 3 weeks behind schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...