Thursday, July 4, 2013

That's a Filet-O-Fish?

Well. Quite close actually!

Homemade Filet-O-Fish

Having gained all kinds of confidence with my moderately successful Big Mac I decided I'd try making a Filet-O-Fish. I love Filet-O-Fish sandwiches almost as much as I love Big Macs.

I used a haddock fillet. I used this fish sticks recipe from bon appétit magazine. That's a favorite recipe and it's excellent with haddock. I've used that recipe for years after reading it while waiting for the dentist. So I prepared a patty sized fillet and made fish sticks with the rest.

I used a whole wheat bun. Cheese on the botton, fish patty, tartar sauce on the top bun. Tartar sauce is just (roughly) equal parts mayonnaise and sweet relish with some lemon juice. My fillet broke. Otherwise it would be a more convincing Filet-O-Fish. It was fun to prepare and it was perfectly delicious!

Maybe next time I'll use pollock. McDonald's, last I knew, made their Filet-O-Fish with Alaskan pollock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...