Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tada

I got here a whole lot faster than I thought I would! Felt great!

2 July. Back on board!

Sometime last week a white pigeon started hanging around the property. Perfectly white. Very pretty bird and quite tame. He's not wearing a band and we have no idea where he came from. We figure he's here for the mulberries.

Canadian Horses are very curious



We had an early bumper crop of mulberries this year. I pushed through the pain to collect a couple of pints. I wasn't about to miss out on Mulberry pancakes!

Whole wheat oatmeal pancakes with fresh mulberries

I used this pancake recipe from Serious Eats. I used steel cut oats for whole oats. Oh and I used buttermilk instead of milk. They're delicious pancakes.

Mulberry season is short to begin with and just days after collecting my couple of pints, when I went out to take pictures of the tree branches, I found the birds had picked them clean. I was amazed. There had been more berries than I'd ever seen before. All you had to do was hold a cup in the air and shake a branch to fill it. I'll have to wait another year for mulberry oatmeal...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...