Sunday, June 23, 2013

Enjoying her day off?

She's more likely wondering why we're not out riding!

Sunday 16 June

Won't be long now. I groomed L Thursday night and yesterday I put on a t shirt! And it took a while but I cleaned her stall too! I couldn't dump the wheelbarrow though. Milestones nonetheless.

I'm really eager to ride. Maybe us horse people really are crazy after all.



Meanwhile. A lot of things say "Summer" to me. Gin and tonic comes immediately to mind. And gazpacho. Daisies. Crickets.

And then there's this traditional Scandinavian shrimp sandwich.

Popular summertime dish throughout Scandinavia

Very simple to prepare. Mix together a cup of mayonnaise, a tablespoon of lemon juice, a tablespoon of honey and a *ton* of fresh dill. Add cooked medium shrimp. Spoon it over a thinly sliced baguette for a perfectly delicious open faced sandwich.

Have that and pickled herring with cucumbers and radishes on a Wasa cracker.


And pickled beets (I use this recipe, add some parsley to it) for a really nice refreshing and delicious summertime meal. The beverage of choice is your favorite beer. Or maybe a sparkling water.

Happy first days of Summer!

1 comment:

  1. She's a beaut. Hope you are back in the saddle soon!!

    Had a lovely cold G&T on the deck last week - yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...