Saturday, December 15, 2012

Deconstruction Zone

Sometimes I really just don't know what L is thinking.

Here's her nice shiny new stall wall. You see those 3 new boards there? The 2 inch thick ones? They're 8 inches wide. She chewed through those 3 boards and tore them down. In one *night*.


Our barn manager was plenty mad! First thing Friday morning, there's L and her little sister P, cheek to cheek over what was left of the wall. With this "what" look on their faces. Very funny. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera (a rare occasion!) at the time.

You know, it might be a seasonal thing. She chewed a hole in her wall just about a year ago.

Repairs were made by the time I got my camera but here, here's a close up view of her handiwork on the top of the bottom board. In case anyone wants to know - TMJ doesn't keep a horse from doing things like this!


And here. Also note the results of the careful footwork there to the lower center right.


Yup. Couple kicks ought to get through that easy enough. By the way. Mares tend to be "busy". Just something to think about when you're picking out a horse. Oh. And do try to keep them from being bored!

2 comments:

  1. You mentioned a seasonal thing - I'd track this on your calendar. We're approaching the shortest day of the year and I know I can't stand all this darkness. Maybe L doesn't like it either? Fortunately, she does not share this destructive trait with her sister ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew of a gelding that did that. He wanted to "see" his neighbor. After replacing the boards one too many times, we switched him over to a stall with bars between him and his neighbor. The chewing stopped. He could finally SEE the horse in the next stall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...