Friday, July 6, 2012

It's about time!

The 5th of July and I *finally* cleaned my saddle.

I should really be ashamed...

Mostly dirt. Not much mildew at least.

I've raved about Effax before. I treated the leather with Mildew-Free after I cleaned last year and I'm sure it helped. Mildew is a perennial problem with my tack for as long as I can remember.

Cleaned up nicely!

I still have to polish the silver. Nice to have that done though!

The tassel. There hanging by the concho. Donna Murray in Alberta Canada made several of those for me some years ago. From tail hair from my very first horse. She did a wonderful job. I'd collected his tail hair from the barn floor over the years and kept it in a bag. Just hairs ripped out during grooming. I'd never thought to actually "harvest" any hair. And then he was gone.

A lot of people make custom jewelry from your horse's hair now.



Red Alert! Turkeys!

Apparently she thinks they're where they don't belong. She certainly isn't afraid of turkeys!

And this is mostly how I spent my Summer vacation...

2 comments:

  1. Gem had a wild turkey family share his turnout area last year. They would scare the crap out of me, but he didn't even blink as they walk around him. :-) I am so envious that you ride bareback!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those hens are out there in the grass with a dozen chicks! They can get a little testy sometimes when you surprise them :)

    Maybe you could talk with your trainer about doing a bareback lesson?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...