Sunday, May 22, 2011

A little "tubby"?!

I have the vet out to do a coggins and she says Sweety is a little..."tubby". Well. I think she's been looking at a few too many skinny thoroughbreds.

Air Fern

Maybe she does need a little more "tone". Canadian Horses are generally regarded as "easy keepers" and she's fed an astonishingly small amount. So she needs...more work.

It's been dismal and wet for over a week. But Saturday made up for it! Saturday was a perfect day. The fog burned off, the sun came out and it felt like summertime.

My Happy Place

I love surprises like this. We're poking around the woods out there and here's this flowering tree. I have no idea what kind of tree this is but it's not a native wild tree. This was a lucky find because out in the woods things like this only last a day or two and then it's going to look like the rest of the trees.

L wants to eat it.



Did. Not. Like.

Guinness is the stout by which I measure all other stouts. I usually drink stout in the wintertime. I expect a stout to be the brewer's best shot at the strongest thing he (or she) has got. I want it thick. And rich. And creamy. I want to think syrup and even the foam has to be brown.

This stuff might as well have been Bud Light. I honestly don't know what I expected of a "summer" stout but I was very disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. I think that L looks great! Canadians are supposed to look solid. ;-) When I had the pre-purchase vet check done of my guy, she told me that Gem was "over-conditioned"...a polite way of saying tubby. I think she had also looking at too many skinny thoroughbreds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...Canadian Horses are supposed to be.."substantial" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. L looks just fine in my eyes. My vet says that Jam is 50 pounds overweight. I have the same beliefs as you and Wholfie, I think our vets have been looking at a few too many Thoroughbreds, and not enough small drafts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...