Thursday, April 30, 2020

Just Stay Home

I think it's going on 6...maybe 7 weeks now we've been ordered to stay home/quarantine to minimize coronavirus transmission.

Anyone claiming their life hasn't been disrupted in some way is lying. Speaking for myself, I'm retired, I'm the quintessential introvert and I tend to be a homebody anyway. I hoard food by nature...I swear I won't miss any meals until the 4th of July.

I understand it's very challenging for many people. People have to work from where their jobs are such that they can do that. Not everyone likes that. I always hated working from home. Some people are seriously getting on each other's nerves. Others have lost their job and are threatened economically. But it's fair to say the impact on my life has been minimal. Mostly I've found my shopping habits have changed considerably. I don't stop at the supermarket "for a few things" anymore.

Certainly the biggest impact has been...the public library closing. It's looking like the public library network will be closed until July. Causing much anxiety. I think public libraries are jewels. I read 2 or 3, sometimes even 4 books a week. It's a comparatively trivial issue but it had me wringing my hands anyway.

The public library does loan ebooks! So. I sucked it up and got a Kindle!


Frankly I think it's a little expensive. But the technology is fairly mature and reliable. And it is a quality product. I'm halfway through my first book and I'm confident it was a good decision.

By the way...

He's still staring!

1 comment:

  1. Once again, you have struck a chord! During a pandemic not many people's major woe is the closing of the public library, but I am in the same boat. What really ticked me off was that they gave us 15 minutes notice as if 1 extra day would be deadly. I have thought about purchasing a Kindle but I am very cheap and also technologically challenged so I will manage with what I have and it's looking like my library will be open soon. Enjoy your Kindle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...