Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Bagels?

All the anxiety over the virus is stressing even me out!

So of course my thoughts turn to comfort food and not necessarily new things but things I may not have done before. Distractions.

For example, I just happen to have a half pound of chicken livers and eggs. So I'll make some chopped liver this week. I've never had chopped liver!

I've had deviled ham but I'd never made deviled ham before. Couple of days I made deviled ham! Spun some cooked ham cubes in a food processor, added some mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, chopped garlic, onions and celery, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sweet paprika. No recipe really, just a little this and a little that. I should have taken a picture! It was crazy good. I was going to fork it on to some crackers with a bowl of soup...but...it was so good I had to make a loaf of sandwich bread to make a real sandwich. I'll never have deviled ham from a can ever again.

And...bagels? I made bagels!

Poppy seed. Sesame seed.

I used this recipe. I used 100% white whole wheat flour. The recipe scaled easily I just divided everything by 4. They were very good bagels and I'll do that again. I don't know where I got the idea bagels were hard to make. These were so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...