Friday, March 16, 2012

Simple Salmon

Over a month ago I planned on fixing a simple parchment baked salmon fillet, or salmon en papillote.

There's a salmon fillet in there

You basically seal your food in this parchment paper envelope with some vegetables, herbs, olive oil and a splash of wine, and bake it.

You can use this technique with almost any type of fish or a chicken breast.

It started here

I folded and creased a sheet of parchment paper and trimmed it into a semi circle. I used a salmon fillet. I added cut grape tomatoes, broccoli florets, and parsnips. I just happened to have those around and I wanted to use up the last couple of parsnips. I think broccoli goes well with salmon. If this were halibut I'd have used summer squash and snow peas.

I splashed on some dry vermouth and added some Herbs de Provence. I didn't use any olive oil because I think salmon is moist enough.

Folding the parchment paper can be a little tricky. I looked for videos but couldn't find any I thought worth anything. But really, if I can do this, anyone can do this. You start at one corner and fold the parchment paper over at the edge. Then move along the edge. You start about halfway along your last fold and fold again and crease it, then continue along until you reach the other corner. Use a spring clip to seal it.

Then just pop it in a 425 degree F oven and have some wine.

A Spanish Pinot Noir!

This time of year I like Pinot Noir with salmon.

About 12 minutes later it looked like this:


You put the whole pouch on a plate, cut the top open and eat it right out of the paper.

Simple and delicious. Healthy too.

1 comment:

  1. I like! I wouldn't have thought of parsnips with salmon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...