Saturday, March 3, 2012

Daffodils?

I first noticed these on the 25th of February..

Daffodils. 27 February 2012

I've been told Crocus are coming up too although I haven't seen any.

We may have had a wintry mix blow through here in the last day or two but I don't mind snow so much. It's the cold I have a problem with. The threat of having the temperature go below 0 is over for this season. It never ever goes below after the first of March. Which is, after all the first day of meteorological Spring!

What an extraordinary Winter.
  • Daffodils coming up the end of February.
  • Red-winged Blackbirds at the barn on 28 February!
  • My long underwear is right wear I left it last year.
  • So is my sheepskin hat.
  • So is my (expedition) down parka.
  • So are my quilted overalls.
  • I didn't wear a flannel shirt to work all Winter. Not even once.
  • (edited to add) I didn't even wear a scarf all season. Not once!
  • Hardly touched the hot chocolate.
We had a couple of cold mornings. Just one morning was below 10 degrees F, I think, and not a single minute below 0. I think my pond was completely ice covered for 1 day. I vaguely remember I was going to make a note of it but I couldn't have been bothered.

Not much of a winter. Thankfully. And this time of year my spirits generally rise right along with the rising temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...