Monday, February 13, 2012

Irony

I smoke a pipe now and then.  I think this is a "bulldog" shape.

Golden Parker 140

I always hated this pipe. So It was the pipe I took with me when I fished and climbed mountains back in the day. If I lost it then it wouldn't be any big deal.

I didn't lose it.

Now it's become a favorite. Memories. It's a good pipe. Parker is a Dunhill "second" and Dunhill is just about the best pipe there is. Now, 35 years later, it's a favorite. I remember a Summer day back in 1975, puffing this pipe sipping Jack Daniels with the director of White Mountain search and rescue, overlooking the ramparts of Carter Notch, watching the wildcats in the rocks. At the time it was fairly remote.

When you swim in the ponds in the notch the trout nibble your toes.

This pipe and I have been through a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...