Saturday, October 16, 2010

I...am an Artiste!

I love this picture:

It speaks volumes to me. On the one hand it is truly mundane. I was just walking by this house one afternoon. But it's bold. I think it's inviting and stark at the same time. I think it has some shape and interest. I think one can plainly see it's a well kept little house and it engages the mind a little.

Walking L is one of my most favorite things in all the world. And ...oh, I think it was last May sometime I got to thinking gee, I can walk without a horse. Funny how that thought just never occurred to me before! So one day, after work, I went home and took a walk. I've lived here for over 20 years and I never walked further than the mailbox!

I live in a village. No really, it's a village. The building I live in is in the National Register and anchors an Historic District on a designated Scenic Road. What I mean here is I live in a charming little neighborhood.

Something I noticed that I enjoyed during my walk - it was late Spring and as I walked I noticed things I just hadn't paid much attention to before. Oh it looked like Spring but more than that, it "felt" like Spring. In every way. It sounded like Spring and it smelled like Spring.

Sometime later as the 4th of July approached I walk by this house here:

Like I said, charming little neighborhood. Of course I'd noticed this house before, but walking by I was really struck by the way it spoke. I think it has Americana written all over it.

There are all kinds of cute little well kept houses around here.

And I can almost hear the crickets in the grass looking at this picture:


I think between digital imagery and the internets and things like blogs this has to be one of the most well documented periods in the history of humankind. For all I know my silly pictures of daily life will be my sole legacy and most significant achievement in the grander scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...