Saturday, September 11, 2010

Got my baby back

Sweety's got her mojo back!

After warming up and schooling we had a nice charge down the hay field:


Then we chased some turkeys around. The turkeys are everywhere this time of year.

Then we made our way through the brush...


Into the woods.


L is a most awesome trail horse! Trail riding is mostly what we do. And by now I think she knows her way around these woods better than I do.

I remember, early in L's training, 15 minutes in the saddle felt like a couple of hours. It was real work. And sometimes I thought I'd never get it.

Now I often lose all track of time. When L is attentive and fully engaged she's beautifully balanced. She's light with a lift in her stride and a swing in her barrel and a little push off her hips. It's just the best thing ever. Darned near puts me to sleep sometimes and a couple hours can go by like nobody's business.

This really is the greatest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...