Monday, June 21, 2010

First day of summer

I love the summer time. I just love everything about it. Hazy hot and humid is my most favorite forecast! The sun sets in Oslo today today at 11:45 pm. How wild is that! I've traveled the world and it's out of my system for the most part, but I'd kind of like to have a summer solstice dinner in Oslo someday.
Every meal should be a treat. I've taken quite a shine to this stuff:



I slice it with a serrated knife and flake it a little bit, lay it out on a bed of nice lettuce and finely chopped red onions, and I put a little dribble of maple syrup on it. Grade B. I like it with basmati rice and honey glazed carrots or steamed green beans or even bean salad in the summertime. Have it with a nice merlot or a pinot noir. I think I prefer the pinot noir. Really good stuff!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...