Friday, June 25, 2010

The Canadian Horse

The Canadian Horse, or le Cheval Canadien, evolved in Quebec. It's a very rare horse that was, until recently, an endangered species. I think the most recent census from a couple of years ago placed the entire population at 6192 animals. They're popular here in the northeast with several hundred of them residing here in the States.

One can learn more about the breed at the breeder's association web site.

Canadian Horses are well known for being hardy, easy keeping, general purpose horses. They're quite luxurious, large bone mass, large muscle mass, good solid feet, and steady, sensible temperament.

The Canadian Horse excels in all disciplines.

L is a wonderful partner. She thinks she's the boss and she's happy with that. I think I'm the boss and I'm happy with that. Whatever our issues, and I'll go through many of them as time goes by, L and I have always been fully "engaged" with one another. She thinks she's smarter than I am but she's not so sure. I've worked hard to get that far with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...