Monday, September 1, 2014

Oh deer

I often walk around the barn property. There are snakes and rabbits *everywhere*. Which I'd guess is why it's such a favorite with coyotes. We hear them more than we see them and there are always tracks around.

Coyote track. We have some pretty big coyotes.

We see the occasional fox and of course the property is a birder's paradise.

And then every once in a long while we get a treat like this.

31 August

I'm not sure she's in the best of health. She's looking a little "ribby" for such an abundant season.

Run for it!

Sometimes when you're on a horse you can practically reach out and touch the deer before they run. I love this stuff.



Today's rider's advice. I always keep a change of clothes in one of my tack boxes. In case I want to say, stop at the supermarket on my way home. After riding bareback. In the summer.

Because this is really hard to explain

3 comments:

  1. LOL about the sweaty image. I had a worse experience. Try riding a shaggy black horse bareback in the spring, before she sheds out. I came off looking like I had a thick thatch of straight black (and dusty and dirty) pubic hair! I was a teen ager and I was mortified!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...