Saturday, April 6, 2013

Only a test

I read about this recently. Potato chips made in a microwave. I don't even recall where I read it. I think it was here. Of course I *love* potato chips and..no, I'm not supposed to eat them. Well. Not by the 7 ounce bag full. Did you know that regular potato chips are 37% fat?! Even reduced fat chips are 21% fat.

So I decided I'd check this out and test the technique.

You thin cut potatoes on a mandolin, thread them on to some wooden skewers with some space in between, hang them on a microwave safe bowl, like this:


Microwave them on high for 6 or 8 minutes and...you get...potato chips!

And well I'll be darned!

They actually came out pretty good!

My chips took 11 minutes in the microwave. I think a single potato makes a modest serving. I used a Yukon Gold potato. Next time I'll salt the potatoes first before I microwave them. No way salt will stick to the finished chip. If you enjoy Champagne with your chips you have to have salt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...