Saturday, April 11, 2020

Happy Good Friday?

I don't know. I. Just. Don't. Know.

I'm a confirmed Methodist. Although I don't practice. I'm in my 60s and I don't ever remember anyone saying...Happy Good Friday?

Good Friday is not a happy day as far as I know.

Edited to add:

It's much to my parent's credit. After I was confirmed I was allowed to make up my own mind. And I did. I haven't been in a church in 50 years.

My mind was actually made up when I was 6 years old. Our church youth minister told me my cat wouldn't go to heaven because animals didn't go to heaven. It was that day. In that single moment. I remember it like I remember Kennedy's assassination. I decided they were all full of shit.

Be careful with what you say to little kids. They're not stupid.

2 comments:

  1. It amazes me that you continue to write even though no one comments but I wanted to let you know I've been reading for years (not only when I'm on house arrest!) and love a good laugh! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha thank you. I blog just for me. It's kind of an online diary and I go back and look at entries I've made over the years. And it's there for anyone that might be interested.

    I also enjoy a good laugh!

    Thank you for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...