Monday, July 29, 2013

The Lost World

The weather this season has been a perfect combination of water and sun making for, shall we say, abundant vegetation..

It's quite the jungle out there. Having been favoring my ribs for the past couple of months most of our trails have all grown over. So yesterday we spent some time driving through the dense brush clearing some of our trails into the woods.

Yes we're going in there...

Whoa. Dude. Seriously?

The grapevines are like something out of a science fiction movie. The east side of the property is a carpet of grapevines.

Grapevines everywhere!



I try to do my part but there's no way I can keep up!

Stuffed grape leaves and white bean hummus

These I stuffed with Spanish rice. They were just delicious. That's a garlic and dill white bean hummus. Very easy to make! There are recipes all over the web. I had lunch at a restaurant a few months ago that served its hummus on a dinner plate striped with chopped tomatoes and olives. I liked that presentation. I added some grated carrot and chopped pepper to this to get a little "garden vegetable" thing going. I was very happy with it.

I think I'll have to go research grape jelly recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...