Saturday, November 17, 2012

Say it ain't so!

Of course I'm talking about the passing of Hostess Brands.

The Twinkie will survive I'm sure.

Twinkies

The formula for Twinkies is likely Hostess' single most valuable asset and I have no doubt some bakery somewhere will be cranking them out by the truckload. I for one just can't imagine a world without Twinkies. And I'm sure some small local bakeries will be turning out their own interpretations in a day or two. It's not like Hostess will sue them or anything.

And you can just make your own too.

I'd like to say Twinkies are my favorite. They're not.

My single most favorite Hostess product is... the blueberry fruit pie!

The Hostess blueberry fruit pie!

The cherry pie was a close second. I just loved those pies! I thought the apple pie was crap. The French apple pie was even worse. I always wondered why they even made those. I can't imagine anyone ever bought a second one. Never liked those Sno-Balls either. But the blueberry and cherry pies? Mmmmm. When I was younger, working outdoors, I'd have a couple of those every day. And stopping for a Hostess pie was always a highlight of any road trip. I'd love to know how many of those I ate. It's in the high hundreds I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...