Monday, November 14, 2011

Abject failure

Last season one of my objectives was to mount from the ground bareback. I never pulled that one off.

Sunday I decided I've been running since February, I've been working out, I've been lifting weights, I'm not a half bad horseman, I can do this.

Well. Down. In. Flames. L however put in a stellar performance. She was such a good sport. After bouncing off her barrel and flailing around 4 or 5 times while she stood there quietly looking over her shoulder I decided she'd had enough amusement for one day. I led her over to a nearby mounting block and we went off for a very pleasant ride. Mostly. I wasn't wearing spurs for obvious reason. Of course she knew that and took some advantage. So I had to get a stick.

No pictures. My assistant was busy.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I think she stood still because she was enjoying seeing you flail around. I know that look well....I think I provide a lot of amusement for my guy. :-) I am so envious that you can ride her out on the trails bareback. One day.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...